Our Sports Coaching and Development Foundation Degree gives you the tools to take the next step in your educational journey, a step towards your career in the sports, coaching, or teaching industries.
Academic QualificationFoundation Degree in Sports Coaching and Development
Start DateSeptember 2022
Prerequisites to Apply
- BTEC Diploma – Merit/ Merit in a relevant subject
- A Levels – DD, to include at least one A Level in Mathematics, Science, Physical Education or Psychology but excluding General Studies and a level 1 qualification in football coaching or equivalent foundation level football coaching qualification.
- The university requires a minimum of 3 GCSEs including Mathematics and English at grade C or grade 4 or above or their equivalent.
- Consideration is given to individual circumstances, if you do not meet the above, please speak with a member of the education and learning team who may be able to offer a solution or alternative pathway qualification.
Following completion of the two-year course, students can top up and study the BSc in Sports Coaching and Development through the University of South Wales. Other exit routes include:
- Further University and Degree Level Education
You will gain knowledge of how sport is organised, delivered and managed in the community, having the opportunity to lead sports activities and events. Typical modules include:
- Introduction to sports coaching
- Introduction to sports science for coaching
- Introduction to sports development
- Sports development in practice
- Managing sport
- Sports development and practice
- Project management
- Sport placement (double module)
- Community sports development
- Physical education and school sport
- Sports coaching and leadership
Come along to our University Education Open Evening!
We are hosting an Open Evening at the Shropshire Homes Media & Training Suite at the Montgomery Waters Meadow on the 16th of December from 18:00 to 19:00. Find more information on our social media platforms or sign up at the following link: https://bit.ly/3j1ndBo