Life expectancy is 4.2 years lower for men and 3.3 years lower for women in the most deprived areas of Shropshire.
We want to provide solutions and help members of the community to lead a healthy and active lifestyle.
How do we help prevent this?
• We will inspire children to adopt healthier lifestyles by providing sports coaching, health education and teaching resources for schools
• We will increase enjoyment of Physical Education by providing mentoring support to non-PE specialists in schools.
• We will address inequalities of participation in sport and physical activity by providing access to community sports for females, people with a disability and the elderly.
• We will champion and raise awareness of the importance of healthy and active lifestyles amongst Shrewsbury Town supporters.
• We will enhance our relationship with public and third sector health organisations to develop innovative community projects that encourage active and healthy lifestyles.